The Standards Council of Canada delivered the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accreditation to PhytoChemia in May 2020 (website certificate here).
You may not know what it is and what it means to you. In this document, we briefly discuss the subject and conclude with the list of accredited services.
What is ISO 17025?
This is an international standard covering both the technical qualities and the Quality Management System (QMS) of testing and calibration laboratories. It specifies the requirements for evaluating the ability of laboratories to provide accurate, valid and impartial results.
To obtain the accreditation, a third party should assess if the laboratory’s QMS and technical expertise meet the standard requirements. Subsequently regular external audits and participation to proficiency testing programs (interLab) evaluate if the laboratory maintains the compliance with ISO 17025 standard.
Benefits of this ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Accreditation for You
- Peace of mind: You work with a laboratory whose technical skills meet an international standard.
- International Trade: Your reports are valid between countries and acceptable to the various government and regulatory agencies.
- Added value: Your products gain in reliability as tested by an independent accredited laboratory.
- Money saving: You send only the minimum volume because the procedures are reliable and generate valid results. There is no need for additional testing.
- Data protection: Your calibration and/or test data are protected.
- Transparency: You can access the procedures specified on the certificate of analysis.
PhytoChemia’s Accreditated Services
The scope of accreditation (available here) includes the cannabis and essential oil services listed below.
Canabis, Hemp and derivatives products
Cannabinoids determination in Cannabis Sativa derivative products with HPLC (CB001)
Pesticides analysis (regulated by Health Canada) in Canabis (CB004)
THC measurement in Industrial Hemp by GC (CB002)
Heavy metals analysis in Canabis(CB003)
Unique ISO-Accredited Lab for the Analysis of Essential Oil Composition in North America
Services for which PhytoChemia is the first ISO-accredited Lab in North America
Essential oils and other volatiles liquids, vegetable oils
Composition analysis by FAST GC-FID in Essential Oils and Other Volatiles Liquids (HE001)
Heavy metals analysis in Vegetable and Essential Oils (EP009)
You can find these services here .